Attend a Short Course
NSF I-Corps Short Courses are for university researchers and early-stage startup founders who are interested in exploring the market potential of their work and learning entrepreneurial skills.
UNY I-Corps Node Regional Director
UNY NSF I-Corps Node
NSF I-Corps gives researchers the opportunity to combine their strong technical and scientific knowledge with an entrepreneurial mindset, with the goal of discovering new technologies that can be developed for market.
The Upstate New York I-Corps Node combines the experience of the nation’s top university R&D region with the entrepreneurial knowledge of experienced mentors and faculty. The Node acts as a hub for commercialization training in the Northeast, connecting skilled researchers to valuable resources through national and regional I-Corps programming.
of teams successfully win SBIR seed funding (up to $225k)
Short Course: Regional
- 2-week workshops on business model and customer discovery
- Taught by successful entrepreneurs using Lean Launchpad methodology
- 2 half-day sessions to “kick off” and half-day “closing workshop”
- Weekly 90-minute online coaching sessions
- Conduct 30 customer discovery interviews
- Become eligible for national I-Corps Teams
I-Corps Teams: National
- Intensive 7-week national cohort for top teams from across the US (Offered 16x per year)
- $25-50k to do 100+ customer discovery interviews anywhere you need to go
- Personalized instruction and team mentoring from successful entrepreneurs
- 3-day in-person “Kickoff” workshop, 6 weeks to conduct interviews; 90-minute weekly report ins; and 2-day “Lessons Learned” workshop
- Decide whether to pursue commercialization
- Identify next steps including SBIR application