By supporting regional entrepreneurial initiatives, the university hopes to quicken and strengthen growth, competitiveness, and wellbeing in Ithaca and throughout the Southern Tier of New York.
CREA leads Cornell’s regional economic development efforts by:
- Working with Empire State Development to coordinate Cornell’s response to START-UP NY initiatives
- Working directly with the Southern Tier’s Regional Economic Development Council
- Supporting the implementation of the Southern Tier’s Upstate Revitalization Initiative
- Promoting Cornell-supported projects with regional and state officials
- Developing and managing entrepreneurship-oriented programs such as Rev: Ithaca Startup Works, the Southern Tier Startup Alliance, and their affiliated projects